To ensure your account and your data security, your Beekast account is associated to trusted devices.
What is a device?
A “device” is a specific browser on a specific unit.
Example: I connect to my account from my computer, with Google Chrome: I am connected to one device. I connect, then, from the same computer with Mozilla Firefox, that’s a second device.
Attention! For any device not associated with your Beekast account, the connection will be denied.
To find out the list of devices attached to your account, click on your avatar on the top right of your window, then go to “My Account”, section “Security and devices”.
Regardless of your Beekast subscription, you can associate two trusted devices to your Beekast account.
Associate a device
The association is done automatically, Beekast will link to your account the two first devices you use to connect to your Beekast account.
If you have more than two devices associated, you will have to dissociate one in order to associate a new one.
Temporary device association
If your devices' list is complete, it is possible to connect temporarily to your account. To ensure your Beekast account security, a confirmation code will be sent to the email address of your Beekast account, in order to validate this connection.
To do so, connect to your Beekast account from a device that is not registered as a trusted device. A message will appear indicating you that the device is not authorized.
- Click on “Authorize temporary access”.
- A code will be sent to the email address linked to your Beekast account.
- Insert the code in the page that will open “Temporary access code”.
If your code is valid, you will have access to your Beekast account on the device in question for a period of 4 hours. At the end of this time, you will be automatically disconnected from your Beekast account.
Dissociate a device
It is possible to dissociate a device from your Beekast account in order to associate a new one permanently.
To dissociate a device,
- Go to your Beekast account settings, from the avatar on the top right of your screen
- Click on “Security and devices”
- Then click on “dissociate” under the device you wish to remove
- A confirmation code will be sent to the email address linked to your Beekast account. You will have to enter this code to finalize the dissociation of your device from your Beekast account.