Best practices in Canvas activity & technical recommendations
The Canvas activity is in theory unlimited in its possibilities. However, it is a resource-intensive activity. So you will find in this article a number of recommendations and informations for a good user experience!
Many factors can affect the performance of your whiteboard:
- The number of items added
- The number of users
- The number of activities and slides in your session
- The number of browser tabs open in your browser
- The applications running on your device
- The characteristics of the device itself
Take a look at the tips below to get the best remote collaboration experience with Beekast
- We recommend not opening more than 2 Canvas simultaneously on a single device
- It is better to create several small Canvas (with little content) than one large one.
- Remember to resize the images that you include in your table to minimize their weight on the Canvas
- Make sure your browser is up to date and part of our list of supported browsers
- Close all redundant browser tabs and windows
- Avoid editing many elements at the same time
In case of slowdowns
If you see the information banner with the message "The memory used by this Canvas is important. To improve performance and ensure optimal viewing for all participants, we recommend that you reduce the number or size of elements on this Canvas"
- Reduce the size of some elements until the banner disappears
- Users with older, less powerful devices (computers, tablets or smartphones) will experience a slowdown before others
- Rid the Canvas of unnecessary content → try uploading .jpeg or .png files instead of .gif files to lighten the board's content. *
Note that only Bitmap format type images are accepted. Vector formats such as .SVG are not accepted in the Canvas activity.
To find all the features related to Canvas click HERE
Create a Canvas
Canvas Activity This activity allows you to collaborate visually and freely in whiteboard format, whether to create a visual management space or to explain a concept through a diagram. The Canvas activity is now out of Beta! Create a Canvas activity ...
Create a Board
How does it work? Collect ideas from your audience, organize and rank them in a vote. To create a Board, click “ + ADD A SLIDE ” and select the “Board" activity. General Enter the title of your activity and add instructions (optional). Activity ...
Create a Challenge activity
How does it work? Perfect to evaluate the knowledge of your participants with different types of questions! To create a challenge, click on “+ ADD A SLIDE” and select the Challenge activity. General Enter the title of your activity and add ...
How to manage your slides?
The session's owner and its facilitator have access to the command buttons that allow them to manage the slides. Start an activity Once the activity is ready, launch your activity by clicking on Start activity in the upper-right corner of the ...
How to create a metaphor activity
How does it work? To encourage discussion and generate ideas to achieve the objectives set for your team, hop into the speedboat! This innovation game is very easy to set up within your company and readily adapts to any project. New visuals in your ...
Change my Beekast password
From your "My account" space, you can change your password. To do so : Click on your avatar at the bottom left of your Beekast interface and then on "My account ". Then click on the heading "Security ". Fill in the fields "Old password" and "New ...
The projection mode Make sure that your device is connected to a Tv set or a projector. Read more on the Extended desktop Once your session is ready, click on Live session in the upper-right corner of the session. A new tab will be open next to the ...
Discussion: More collaborations and interactions
The Discussion is the space dedicated to increasing interactivity during your meeting and enabling participation. Contributors can post their messages, comments. Ideal for Q&A sessions! Publish a message Post a message 300-character message Attach an ...
Scoring systems in Beekast
Two scoring systems to engage and evaluate your audience. The Bees and the Points The Bees They are simply a scoring type used to rate the engagement of your audience. It shows the level of participation and interaction of each participant. The ...
How to add a facilitator
Add an facilitator to manage your session while you will be presenting. Adding facilitators is an option available to the Pro version. The facilitator can manage a session: Import/edit/remove slides and activities, start/close activities. moderate ...