The Discussion is the space in which the participants can send their messages, their questions, their comments, and even images.
This space encourages interactions with your audience and facilitates the participation of the most reserved. Ideal for Q&A sessions!
Post a message
To post a message, click on “Messages” at the top right of your session. Then, click on “Post a message” to write a new text. All you have to do is press “Add” to post your message.
You have the possibility to add an image to your message. For this, click on “Post a message” and then click on the icon above the “Add” button.
Select the desired image. And finally, click on “Add” to post the image.
Possible actions on a message
As a session facilitator, you have the possibility to take several actions on the messages of the session.
You can project one or several messages on your projection screen. To do this, click on the icon at the top right of the message that you wish to project.
You will find three little dots on the top right of each message. Clicking on them, a menu will open with many options:
- Edit: to modify a message. As a facilitator, you can edit your messages and those of your participants. Participants can only edit their own messages.
- Pin: available only for facilitators, this feature allows setting a message at the top of the discussion space
- Tag: available only to facilitators, this feature allows associating one or many keywords to your messages, to create categories, for example.
- Projection screen: accessible only to facilitators, this feature allows displaying a message in a large size on the discussion space. Contrary to the classic projection via the “screen” tab, this feature shows one message at a time in large size.
- Refuse: accessible only to facilitators, this feature allows the removal of a message from the discussion space. It is not deleted, but it will no longer be visible to your participants.
- Delete: this functionality allows deleting a message. Your participants can access the removal of their messages. Attention, this action is permanent.
As a facilitator, you have the possibility to see different views, as well as to filter your messages on the Discussion space.
Note that these different views and filters only apply to your facilitator’s view. Your participants won’t see the changes and will still have access to the classic view.
Clicking on “Discussion” you have access to four types of views.
- Discussion: The classic view
- Moderation:To access the moderated messages or messages awaiting moderation
- Most Liked posts: to access liked posts, sorted from most to least popular
- Projected messages: to access to all messages that you have projected on your projection screen
As soon as you have at least one “tagged” message in your discussion space, you will have access to the “tag” icon.
- You will find a list of all the tags defined on your session
- You can search by tag
- By clicking on a tag, you will see the list of matching messages
Your Discussion space can be entirely set according to your needs. To start, click on the settings icon on the top right of Messages in the discussion space. A panel opens with a series of options.
By default, your participants can send messages freely, without an account. Following what you checked or unchecked, you can authorize or forbid:
- Sending of messages by participants
- Sending of anonymous messages
- Activation of all messages moderation before showing to the participants.
As seen above, it is possible to refuse messages or to activate mandatory moderation. Let's see where the moderated or pending moderation posts go.
When you receive a new message to moderate, a dot appears on the “Messages” tab and an orange line indicates you how many messages are pending for your validation.
To access the pending messages, click on the “Discussion” rectangle. A drop-down menu appears, you have to select “Moderation”. You can see which messages are pending, that you can accept or refuse.
An accepted message is sent to the discussion space and will be visible to everyone, a refused message will be placed in the “Refused” section. The message, of course, is not deleted but preserved, only your participants won’t have access to it.
Attention, your participants know if their messages are pending or refused.