Technical support and Tips
Technical support and Tips
1. BEST PRACTICES AND TIPSTo ensure an optimal useWe recommend doing full-scale prerequisite tests (testing the hardware, the Internet connection, and your session with another user at least as a participant) at least an hour before to anticipate, to avoid any stress or to have time to chat with the support team if necessary.Create and display a slide of instructions with necessary login information to Beekast.Please explain to the participants the usefulness and benefits of Beekast to optimize the participation rate (ability to engage in real discussions, to ask questions, to give their opinion, to participate in various activities, etc.).It is necessary to allow time (a few minutes) to participants to log in to your session on d-day.To enable participants to get connected on d-dayTell them to go on the Beekast website then enter the session code.Ask them to type in their navigation bar the given URL: www.beekast.live/xxxxxx. Please make sure that they type it correctly.Or invite them via the envelope icon “Invite” at the top right of your sessionPlease use up-to-date versions of your browser: Chrome (very recommended), Firefox, Safari, etc.Start a first test activity just after your first connection, for example, an Icebreaker activity like the word cloud :“What’s your mood today ?”“What do you expect from this day, meeting, training ?”Make sure that all the information are well understood by the moderators of the session and that they get informed on Beekast features if it is someone other than you.
2. SLIDES PROJECTIONBeekast for EVENTSWe recommend using two (2) computers or devices on which you will get connected to your Beekast account :One computer that you will connect to the video projector or the control switch on which you will display your session in full screen. ( double arrow icon on Beekast)Please check the zoom on the projection screen to make sure that the font is are bigger enough and visible in the room (use the zoom in and the zoom out at the bottom right of the full screen when you move your mouse)The other one (tablet, smartphone) in administrator view to manage the session (moderation, launch activities, etc.)If it is possible to have two devices, we recommend using the extended view. An explanatory article is available right here!⇒ Both computers/devices will be automatically synchronized.Tips: When you use the full-screen mode of Beekast, you can launch and end activities by pressing the spacebar of your keyboard / the remote control/Pavlov (button to switch the slides remotely) also work on Beekast.Beekast for MEETINGS OR TRAININGYour presentation is imported to your Beekast session⇒ In the case, you use the extended view, read the explanatory article right here!This means that you are behind your computer to start your activities, moderate the session, and so on.⇒ If you use the full-screen mode on your computer connected to the projector via an HDMI cable, VGA or a Clickshare, and on the second device (computer, tablet or smartphone) you also need to connect to your Beekast account to manage your session.We recommend the use of the tablet or the smartphone for more freedom of movement in the presentation room.You have decided not to import your presentation (ppt) to Beekast.⇒ You will need to move from your presentation to your Beekast page, and vice versa. the easiest way to do this is to use the shortcut “alt+tab” to switch from your full-screen presentation to the full-screen Beekast page. This means if you are moderating anything your participants will see it on the projection screen.Tips: When you are in the full-screen mode of Beekast, you can use the spacebar of your keyboard to launch and end activities. It’s also possible with the remote control/Pavlov (button to switch the slides remotely).
3. WIFI PREREQUISITESAn Internet connection is compulsory to use Beekast for both administrator and participant.For a meeting, training, or event of up to 100 participants, a 4G network will be necessary if it is fully accessible to all the participants.Above 100 participants or if the 4G reception is not perfect, we recommend setting up your device to use the WI-FI Internet connection.Recommended speed :20 Mbps per second for 100 participants (Then make a cross product to fit your amount of participants)If possible, connect to a Wired (Ethernet) network with at least 2 Mbps for the PC which will project your Beekast session. This enables to optimize the Internet connection and avoid the peak download speed.This is required for events gathering over 100 participants.Below are some classic questions to be transmitted to the IT officer. They can foster a diagnostic if the existing infrastructures are sufficient or not.What is your Wifi installation (ADSL, VDSL, optical fiber)?Is it a room-specific network or a network shared by everyone? Is it possible to implement a dedicated network in your room?What is the available Internet speed? per-user or globally speaking? We recommend a speed rate of 20 Mbps for 100 participants.Is your infrastructure for Internet connection capable to support 100 participants simultaneously connected? Otherwise, are the bandwidth and its quality sufficient enough?Is the room equipped with a 4G network?Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. PREREQUISITES FOR USERSGOOGLE CHROME IS ONE THE MOST RECOMMENDED BROWSERS FOR AN OPTIMAL USE OF BEEKASTSmartphones (such as iPhone 5 or newer and latest Androids)Up-to-date (ios, android, etc.)Up-to-date browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox)Internet Explorer (not recommended)Enable cookies and local storage
5. TIPS AND MANAGEMENT OF TECHNICAL ISSUESHere are some exceptional situations which affect a small number of users. If unfortunately, you are part of it, we provide you with some solutions In case of loss of synchronization (no pop-up at the launch of activities, no appearance of messages on the timeline, etc.)⇒ The first thing to do:Refresh your Internet page and tell your participants to do it alsoCheck your Internet connection (4G, Wifi Access Point) especially if you have the notification “connection in progress” ⇒ http://www.speedtest.net/frIf the problem persists or if you encounter another problem (a continuous loader or a persistent notification "Connection in progress")Open a new tab and enter beekast.live/diagThen click “send email to the support team” so that the support team makes an investigation on the issue and comes back to you.This may be due to security and access control, and firewalls of your company's network or devices (smartphones or computers). In this case, we will send you a document to forward to your IT department to solve the situation.In the case, you encounter any problem or you have any questions, please click on the lifeline icon to reach the Help center at the top right of your sessions.Tutorials will enable a hands-on introduction to Beekast.You will find articles and answers to your questions on the Help center and F.A.Q. Help centerDo not hesitate to contact us via our live chat on www.beekast.com if you have any questions.Available from Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Paris local Time)
Get technical support for Beekast
Get technical support for Beekast Your first resource for technical support is your IT admin, who manages Beekast's settings for your organization. They can work with us to solve any problems you're having. If you don't have access to an IT service. ...
Tips to change the slide navigation mode
When you create your session, it is up to you to select the slide navigation mode. Two options are available: "The Facilitator control" and the "Participant control" Facilitator control Participants don't have control over the slides. When the ...
Flows opening requirements
To the IT Department To enable your co-workers to use the service my.beekast.com in the best conditions, here are the necessary flow openings. To access the application All the FQDN must be accessible on ports 80 (http) and 443 (https). Requirements: ...
Get inspired by the templates of activities!
Inspiration site & Templates Our inspiration website is your Beekast coach We’re proud to introduce the Beekast Inspirations website. Its goal: to give you new activities that will make your meetings even more effective. Are you scheduled to host a ...
The projection mode Make sure that your device is connected to a Tv set or a projector. Read more on the Extended desktop Once your session is ready, click on Live session in the upper-right corner of the session. A new tab will be open next to the ...
Discussion: More collaborations and interactions
The Discussion is the space dedicated to increasing interactivity during your meeting and enabling participation. Contributors can post their messages, comments. Ideal for Q&A sessions! Publish a message Post a message 300-character message Attach an ...
Scoring systems in Beekast
Two scoring systems to engage and evaluate your audience. The Bees and the Points The Bees They are simply a scoring type used to rate the engagement of your audience. It shows the level of participation and interaction of each participant. The ...
How to add a facilitator
Add an facilitator to manage your session while you will be presenting. Adding facilitators is an option available to the Pro version. The facilitator can manage a session: Import/edit/remove slides and activities, start/close activities. moderate ...
Documents to download You will find below as an attachment to this article a list of Beekast documents to consult. Don't hesitate to come back regularly for new versions. List of documents : - Administrator Guide (v6) - Beekast's ...